Opening Prayer –Lord help us to obey.
Word – Obedience
- Which two things cannot co-exist? __________________ and _________________________
- _________________ ______________ is the number one reason our prayers go unanswered.
- Can a man keep all of God’s commands? __________________________________________
- What is a key ingredient of effective prayer? ________________________________________
- How can we know God’s will? __________________________________________________
- What should be the top priority of a church? _______________________________________
Theme– God hears the prayers of an obedient child
Testimonies– What is God doing through your prayer life?
Week 2 Verse- The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. – James 5:16
Next Class Preview–
Theme– Everyone Who Asks Receives
Week 3 Verse- Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.- Matthew 7:7-8
Prayer for Students–
- Time to Pray Each Day
- A Desire for Prayer
- A Clear Mind During Prayer
- Show us God’s will
Class 2 Answers
- Prayer and sinning
- Unholy living
- Read Bible
Leader’s Guide Class 2
Focus – This week’s focus is to show how important obedience is to answered prayers.
Theme – God hears the prayer of an obedient child.
- Open class in prayer
- Make sure to go over the class 2 review questions and stress the key points listed below. (This is a great week to take time as a class to confess our sins one to another and pray for forgiveness of any sin that may be hindering our prayer life.) James 5:16.
- Discuss the illustrations Bounds used.
- Share testimonies of answered prayers.
- Memorize the week’s Bible verse – James 5:16.
- If time permits, have the recruits share the answers from a few of the key personal response questions during week three.
- Preview next week – word, theme and key points.
- Pray for recruits and any other requests.
Key Points –
- Prayer and sinning are opposites- praying will help keep us from sinning.
- With the Holy Spirit’s help, it is possible to live a sin free life.
- The foundation of faith is obedience.
- Knowing God’s will is obtained by reading God’s word.
- The church’s top priority is to be a house of prayer.
Key illustrations –
- Paul’s description of the armor of God – Prayer is the link, Ephesians 6.
- Prayers of men of faith –
- Elijah praying for rain – promised by God, but still had to pray 7 times – 1 Kings 18:42.
- Abraham interceding for Sodom – despite God’s declaration of His wrath – Gen 18:22.
- Moses interceding for Israelite – despite God’s declaration of His wrath – Exo 32:11-14.
- Paul asking to pray for unbelieving gentiles – promise of deliverance, but still prayed.
Key personal reflection questions for discussion –
- Ask recruits to share their answer to question 6 on day 9.
- Ask recruits to share their answer to questions 6 and 7 on day 11.
- Ask recruits to share their answer to question 4 on day 13.
Click here for the class overview
To purchase a copy of Prayer Warrior Bootcamp click here.