Opening Prayer –Thank God for answering our prayers. Word – Answer
- Do you believe we can obtain the same results by praying today that those in the bible received from their prayers? ___________________________________________________________
- What is one way to bring us into harmony with God? ________________________________
- Instead of fearing that we have nothing to offer God in your prayer time we should be thinking? __________________________________________________________________________
- What are the benefits of praying in secret behind a shut door? ___________________________
- What are the three areas of personal need identified in the Lord’s Prayer? ________________, _______________________________, __________________________________________
- What is the chief thing scripture is telling us about prayer? ___________________________
- What can a child expect who only wants to know the love of the father when he has something to ask? ___________________________________________________________________
- Murray says, the first and chief object of prayer should be? ___________________________
Theme – Everyone Who Asks Receives
Testimonies– What is God doing through your prayer life?
Class 3 Verse- Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. – Matthew 7:7-8
Next Class Preview–
Theme– Have faith in the promisor
Verse- And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.- Mark 11:22-23
Prayer for Students–
- Time to Pray Each Day
- A Desire for Prayer
- A Clear Mind During Prayer
- Show us God’s will
Class 3 Answers
- Yes –greater works than these John 14:12
- Confess our sins
- About what the father has to give us
- Daily bread, pardon of our sins & kept from power of the evil one
- Assurance that prayer will be heard and answered
- To be disappointed
- The indwelling of the Holy Spirit
Focus – This week’s focus is to show how God answers prayers.
Theme – Everyone who asks receives.
- Open class in prayer.
- Make sure to go over the class 3 review questions and stress the key points listed below.
- Discuss the key points of the Lord’s Prayer.
- Share testimonies of answered prayers.
- Memorize the week’s Bible verse –Matthew 7:7-8.
- If time permits, have the recruits share the answers from a few of the key personal response questions during week four.
- Preview next week – word, theme and key points.
- Pray for recruits and any other requests.
Key Points –
- Our prayers move God to action in men’s lives.
- Prayer time can be anywhere and anytime, not just at church or at certain times of the day.
- We need a quiet time alone with God each day.
- God answers prayers – we ask and He gives.
- Our most important prayer request is to receive the Holy Spirit each day.
- It is easier to blame our unanswered prayers on God’s unknown will than to allow the Spirit to search our lives for sin or study the Word to make sure we are praying according to God’s will.
Key illustration –
- The Lord’s Prayer Matthew 6:9-14 – 4 parts.
- Part 1 – Praise – Hallowed be thy name.
- Part 2 – God’s will – Thy Kingdom, Thy will.
- Part 3 – Our needs – our bread, our sins, our protection.
- Part 4 – Praise – Thy kingdom, power and glory forever.
Key personal reflection questions for discussion –
- Ask participants to share their answer to question 7 on day 18.
- Ask participants to share their answer to questions 6 on day 19.
- Ask participants to share their answer to question 6 on day 21.
Prayer Warrior Bootcamp has been published on this blog and is in the public domain. Any part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, or other electronic or mechanical methods. Copies of Prayer Warrior Bootcamp and be purchased at Amazon by clicking here and special discounts are available on quantity purchases by churches, associations or individuals at the following prices.
- 1-5 copies – the individual price
- 6-12 copies – $9.00 each
- 13-24 copies – $8.00 each
- 24+ copies – $7.00 each
Send a comment or email RodJetton at gmail dot com if you need multiple quantities.