Opening Prayer –Thank God for answering our prayers.
Word– Belief, Theme– Have faith in the promisor
- What is required to be a ‘friend of God’? ____________________________________________
- What does Murray say are the two reasons we do not obey the command to pray for labors? 1. ________________________________________________________________________
- What are three things Murray says we need to identify our needs? 1.______________________________2.__________________________________________ 3._________________________________________________________________________
- What must we know to truly believe our prayers? ____________________________________
- What is the cure for weak faith? _________________________________________________
- What are the two lessons Jesus was teaching in Matt. 17:19-21? _________________________
- For our prayers to be answered our hearts must be right with _____________________ and with ___________________________________.
Testimonies– What is God doing through your prayer life?
Class 4 Verse- And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.- Mark 11:22-23
Next Class Preview–
Word– Abide, Theme– The chief object of prayer is God’s glory.
Verse- If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. – John 15:7
Prayer for Students–
- Time to Pray Each Day
- A Desire for Prayer
- A Clear Mind During Prayer
- Show us God’s Will
Class 4 Answers
- Keep His Commands- John 15:14 & James 2:22-23
- We do not have compassion for the lost, we lack faith
- Time, thought, self-scrutiny
- God’s will
- Fellowship with God-prayer
- Faith grows from a life of prayer, and fasting helps fully develop prayer
- God and man
Focus – This week’s focus is to show how important believing is to answered prayers.
Theme – Have faith in the promiser.
- Open class in prayer.
- Make sure to go over the class 4 review questions and stress the key points listed below.
- Discuss the illustrations.
- Share testimonies of answered prayers.
- Memorize the week’s Bible verse – Mark 11:22-23.
- If time permits, have the students share the answers from a few of the key personal response questions during week five.
- Preview next week – word, theme and key points.
- Pray for students and any other requests.
Key Points –
- God’s chief aim or “glory of prayer” is for us to become intercessors.
- We must pray for the Lord to send laborers for the harvest.
- Our prayer requests must be specific and definite.
- Too often we blame unanswered prayers on God’s unknown will instead of looking for sin in our lives or spending the time to seek God’s will.
- Fasting separates us from the temporal world and strengthens our prayers.
- We must not have unforgiveness or resentment towards anyone.
Key illustrations –
- The devil uses food to tempt us – Eve in the garden – Gen 3:1-7 and Jesus in the wilderness -Matt 4:1-4.
- Jesus’s story of the friend in need teaches importunity in our prayers – Luke 11: 5-8.
- He wants to help his friend – we should pray for those around us.
- Asks his neighbor for help.
- His neighbor turns him down.
- He keeps asking despite the rejection and finally receives what he needs.
- Blind Bartimaeus – Jesus asked him what he wanted Him to do – Mark 10:46-52.
Key personal reflection questions for discussion –
- Ask participants to share their answer to question 6 on day 22.
- Ask participants to share their answer to questions 4 and 23.
- Ask participants to share their answer to question 8 on day 27.
- Ask participants to share their answer to question 3 on day 28.
Click here for the class overview
Prayer Warrior Bootcamp has been published on this blog and is in the public domain. Any part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, or other electronic or mechanical methods. Copies of Prayer Warrior Bootcamp and be purchased at Amazon by clicking here and special discounts are available on quantity purchases by churches, associations or individuals at the following prices.
- 1-5 copies – the individual price
- 6-12 copies – $9.00 each
- 13-24 copies – $8.00 each
- 24+ copies – $7.00 each
Send a comment or email RodJetton at gmail dot com if you need multiple quantities.