Opening Prayer –Thank God for answering our prayers.
Word– Abide, Theme– The chief object of prayer is God’s glory
- Murray points out that the focus of our prayer meeting should be __________________________.
- One of the blessings of persevering prayer is __________________________________________.
- What is the link that allows our prayers on earth to reach our Father in heaven? ________________
- Prayers of God’s faithful servants like Abraham, have the ability to ________________________ the destinies of men.
- What were the differences in Jesus’ teaching on prayer at the Sermon of the Mount vs. His instructions before His ascension? ____________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________
- What does Murray say will focus our prayers on God’s glory? _____________________________ _________________________________________________________________________
- How do we begin to attain a life focused more on bringing God glory? ______________________
- List the two possible causes for unanswered prayers based on the promise in John 15:7. _________________________________________________________________________
- We can know we are abiding in Christ when we have ___________________________________ _____________________________________ in our daily lives.
Testimonies– What is God doing through your prayer life?
Class 4 Verse- If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. – John 15:7
Next Class Preview–
Word– Fruit, Theme– Faith & obedience lead to fruit bearing.
Verse- Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. – John 15:16
Prayer for Students–
- Time to Pray Each Day, A Desire for Prayer, A Clear Mind During Prayer, Show us God’s Will
Class 5 Answers
- Securing answers to prayer
- Teaches us to discover, confess and give up everything that hinders the coming of the answer
- Jesus Christ
- At the Sermon on the Mount it was; praying for their needs and to be childlike and trust the Father to answer the prayer, at His closing address it was; praying for His work and His kingdom on earth to be established
- Daily life in all its parts, must be given up to God’s glory
- We are not abiding in Christ, or God does not fulfill the promise
- Answered prayers
Focus – This week’s focus is to show that God’s glory is the aim of all our prayers.
Theme – The chief object of prayer is God’s glory.
- Open class in prayer.
- Make sure to go over the class 5 review questions and stress the key points listed below.
- Discuss the illustrations from the New Testament that reinforce key points.
- Share testimonies of answered prayers.
- Memorize the week’s Bible verse – John 15:7.
- If time permits, have the students share the answers from a few of the key personal response questions during week six.
- Preview next week – word, theme and key points.
- Pray for students and any other requests.
Key Points –
- United prayer with other believers strengthens our requests.
- It sometimes takes time for God to bring the answer to our prayer.
- Our prayers have power because the Holy Spirit through Jesus Christ takes our requests to the Lord.
- When doing His work and praying in His name, we can be confident of our prayers being answered because we’re doing His work and His power allows us to do even greater works.
- The chief aim of all our prayers should be God’s glory.
- If we meet the condition and our lives abide in Christ, He will keep His promise and answer all our prayers.
Key illustrations –
- Jesus asking Peter and John to pray with Him in the garden – Mark 14:32-38.
- Paul requesting prayer for his ministry – Romans 25:30, 2 Cor 1:11, Phil 1:19.
- Unlike the Unrighteous judge, God hears and will answer speedily – Luke 18:1-8 (Day 30).
Key personal reflection questions for discussion –
- Ask participants to share their answer to question 7 on day 29.
- Ask participants to share their answer to questions 7 on day 32.
- Ask participants to share their answer to questions 5 on day 34.
- Ask participants to share their answer to question 4 on day 35.
Prayer Warrior Bootcamp has been published on this blog and is in the public domain. Any part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, or other electronic or mechanical methods. Copies of Prayer Warrior Bootcamp and be purchased at Amazon by clicking here and special discounts are available on quantity purchases by churches, associations or individuals at the following prices.
- 1-5 copies – the individual price
- 6-12 copies – $9.00 each
- 13-24 copies – $8.00 each
- 24+ copies – $7.00 each
Send a comment or email RodJetton at gmail dot com if you need multiple quantities.